About Old Stratford Preschool
Old Stratford Preschool (a registered charity) is a community preschool run by a parental committee. The preschool meets each day, during the school calendar, at Old Stratford Community Centre, Deanshanger Road, Old Stratford. We accept children aged 2 years until school entry. We offer sessions 5 days a week and these can be full or half days.
- Breakfast club 8.00 – 8.30am
- Morning session 8.30 – 11.30am
- Lunch Club 11.30 – 12.00pm
- Afternoon session 12.00 – 3.00pm
- Full day 8.30 – 3.00pm
Each child must enrol for a minimum of two sessions per week although further sessions, lunch clubs or breakfast clubs can be arranged as availability allows.
Our preschool aims to:
- Provide a high quality care and education for children primarily below statutory school age
- Work in partnership with parents to help children learn and develop
- Add to the life and well-being of its local community
- Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity
Our preschool provides children with the opportunity:
- To learn through play in a safe and stimulating environment
- To enjoy the company of other children
- To meet other adults from outside the family
- To be part of a group which values everyone whatever their sex, age, race or cultural background regardless of ability
- To develop at his/her own pace, with plenty of adult support
- To grow in self confidence
- To gain independence by managing when apart from parents / carers for a period of time
- To express themselves through a variety of mediums i.e. paints, crayons, modelling materials, dressing up, role-play, construction toys, water play, sand play, woodwork, sewing and other crafts.
- To gain new experience in using a computer, participating in regular music sessions, discovering our surroundings through supervised walks, joining in group discussions and putting on plays for relatives
We maintain a profile for each child throughout the year, based on the Early Years Framework. Each child’s profile is available for parents to view at any time and will form part of the parents’ evening discussions. This is then given to the parents when the child goes to school and it is from these profiles that we complete the “My Learning Journey” transitional documents that are sent to your child’s school.
We encourage parents to share news from home on tapestry, this includes things your child has achieved, things of interest, hobbies, holidays and exciting news. .
For information on session fees, please go see our Welcome Booklet.